Sunday, March 9, 2008

"Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own"

This weekend I went with my Team Works team out to Vashon to volunteer at Camp Sealth. I have been out to the camp with Seattle Works three times since I have been volunteering with them. The last two have been the best! It's something like summer camp meets college! Good bonding with some incredible folks, or "good people" as Noelle put it. We laughed- a lot, learned more about each other, played games, ate amazing food, and worked our butts off! I'm so sore today, but also feel like I did good this weekend.

I enjoyed playing with an ax... maybe a bit too much! I guess as a teacher I don't get too many opportunities to do manual labor and it can sure be good for the soul as well as the body! But more than feeling good about the work, I am so grateful for the amazing group of people I have met in Seattle. I know I've said this before but, joining Seattle Works was honestly the best decision I've made in years! I have met so many incredible, fantastic, fun, intelligent, involved, and just outstanding people I now call my friends. Weekends like this make me smile and know I made the right choice staying in Seattle. I have truly found my home!

2 comments:

The Ubran Poetess said...

I totally agree! I've been thinking about that lately... how most people I spend quality time with these days I've met either directly or indirectly through SW.

This weekend was a great reminder of the quality people in my life.

Katie said...

Kat with an ax. Hot.